In the event of an accident follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Protect property from any further damage.
- Step 2 – Provide immediate first aid for to prevent further bodily injury.
- Step 3 – Call police, fire and government authorities or utility that may need to be notified and file a report.
- Step 4 – Take pictures and videos of any damage or injuries.
- Step 5 – Gather facts of loss, witness information (Names & Contact Information), contact information for any party claiming injury or damage as well as information about damage to vehicles (make, model, VIN and license) and property
- Step 6 – Complete an accident report with root cause. Be sure to list any contributing factors and unanswered questions. XmodAlert.com will help you with this.
- Step 7 – If non-emergency, report the claim to us at info@XmodAlert.com. If it is an emergency, contact the insurance carrier’s 24-hour claims reporting intake then follow-up with us.
- Step 8 – In California, complete SR-1 report and submit to DMV for Property Damage over $750 or any bodily injury or death.
- Do not admit fault.
- Drive or tow your vehicle to the repair shop. If the vehicle is not drivable. Let the shop know the insurance carrier will authorize the repairs.
- It is common for auto loss claims to require a recorded statement. It is recommended that you prepare a written statement / accident report first so that you can have a guide while making a statement to avoid omitting any important information about the claim.
- In California, complete SR-1 form