Typically when bodily injury or property damage occurs as a result of your operations:
- Step 1 – Protect the property from any further damage.
- Step 2 – Provide immediate first aid for to prevent further bodily injury.
- Step 3 – Call police, fire and government authorities or utility that may need to be notified and file a report.
- Step 4 – Take pictures and videos of any damage or injuries.
- Step 5 – Gather facts of loss, witness information and complete an accident report with root cause. Be sure to list any contributing factors and unanswered questions.
- Step 6 – – If non-emergency, report the claim to us at info@XmodAlert.com. If it is an emergency, contact the insurance carrier’s 24-hour claims reporting intake.
- Do not trivialize or claimant’s alleged injuries to prevent additional claims of undue mental distress, harassment or embarrassment.
- Refer the claimant to your insurance company regarding any questions related to follow-up medical treatment.
- Do not admit fault.
- Promptly complete a claim form.
- Report the claim in writing whenever possible vs. phone to avoid any important factual information from being omitted.Claims are adjusted on facts and lack of material factual information could impact the carrier’s claim determination.